Music’s greatest: Audi Maikori, Tosyn Bucknor, Olamide Adedeji, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, amongst others, have been announced as jury for Sounds.ng Top 40; Nigerian music has evolved over the years with the consistent introduction of new sounds and players. The increasing need to evaluate these players and sounds on a reputable platform has also followed suit and we have taken it upon ourselves to make this happen; to do this, Sounds.ng has searched within the ranks of the Nigerian music industry for the most powerful voices and relevant players to form a jury worthy enough to cross-examine Nigerian music.
This jury is be made up of individuals who have distinguished themselves as industry experts, sound analysts and music lovers in their varying fields; their jobs will be a weekly task of turning out the best of the Best Top 40 Nigerian music – without further ado, here are the Sounds.ng Top 40 jury members:
- Tosin Adeda: Tosin is a music critic and analyst; he is notably the only blogger who crossed Burna Boy‘s path and didn’t get “Murked.”
- Ehiz: VJ, Ehiz Okoeguale is a former dancer and host of MTV‘s Top Ten Naija.
- Osi: Beat FM O.A.P, Osi Suave, has a vast knowledge of music acquired from years of working on air.
- Olamide Adedeji: Olamide works in various capacities with global companies like Guinness, Nokia, MTN, Multichoice, SoundCity, ONTV, Spice TV, Urban Radio and more; he is currently the Group Channels Manager for Consolidated Media Associates Group, a Nigerian owned media power-house.
- Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi: Gbemi is an award-winning broadcaster on Beat FM.
- Bizzle Osikoya: Bizzle is Group Manager to African music powerhouse, Mavins Records.
- Tosyn Bucknor: Area Mama, Tosyn Bucknor is not your everyday on-air personality; she owns a lifestyle blog, hosts a highly rated morning show called the Voice of Lagos and has an Alternative-Rock singing alter-ego known as CON.tra.diction.
- Chin Okeke: Chin is the founder of Eclipse West Africa, a branding and communication company with a focus on the entertainment industry.
- Remi Ogunkayo: Remi is the group Chief of Staff for Red Media Africa, the publishers of YNaija online and magazine.
- Audu Maikori: Audu is one of the founders of Nigeria’s Hip-Hop headquarters, Chocolate City; he is also one of the most respected judges on the Nigerian Idols.
- Illrymz: Radio, TV show host and all-round superhuman, Olowu “Illrymz” Adebola conquered the Nigerian airwaves by hosting a pan-Nigerian syndicated show that ran across 5 major radio channels nationwide – he is the host of the Nigerian Idols.
- DJ Lo: Cleopatra Amartey is a Lagos bred Ghanaian DJ who has a major focus on Electronic Dance Music (EDM).
- Timi “TMXO” Aladeloba: KnightHouse’s in-house producer is known for his infamous Trap music style.
- Wilfred Okiche: Wilfred is a music head and writer at 360Nobs.
- Joey Akan: Joey Akan is music critic and poet; he is also a writer at Pulse.ng.
- Jim Donnett: Jim is an editor at one of Nigeria’s largest digital music platforms, tooXclusive.
- Omobonike Olofin: Omobonike is a music video production manager; she has companies like AJE Filmworks and Tokindrum Pictures on her belt.
Other members of the jury include:
- Seyi Fadipe
- Oluwaseun Adetunji
- Cyprian Okoyomo
- Charles Ugbomah
- Okunade Nurayn
- Hafiz Olushekun
- DJ TohBahd
- Adewole Conde
- DJ Damijer
You can check out the latest Top 40 by HERE.