1. So who is Desirée? What would you like fans to know about you?
Desirée is an Inspirational Gospel artist. Having led worship at my local church in Miami, FL for the past 10 years and being exposed to music all my life, I’m stepping out to share my gift with the world. My purpose is to lead people into the very presence of God in worship & praise. I’m a very passionate singer & I like to draw you into the very message of the song I’m singing. Music is very powerful and I love to use it as a tool to encourage & uplift people.
2. Do you write your own songs?
Yes I do write songs. But my very first single “Destiny” was written and produced by my brother Nnamdi Ogali. You can check out his other songs @ SoundCloud/NamDeeMajor
3. You are indeed very talented, when did you first notice and get noticed for it?
Thank you for the compliment. Being a Pastor’s kid, I was thrust onto the stage from as little as 10. Back in those days, I would lead the children’s choir and get a lot of encouragement & positive feedback from the audience after the service.
4. How much encouragement are you getting from your family?
I am part of a musical family, everyone plays an instrument, sings or does both. My Dad used to lead a band during the war in Nigeria and went on to lead a couple of bands in church and outside the church. So they are all thrilled about my new project and encourage me in every way possible. My “mumanger” as I call her is my biggest fan! I’m definitely blessed with a family that encourages me to pursue my gift areas.
5. What has been your biggest challenge so far in growing your music career?
I guess maybe people warming up to you as a newbie on the scene. They wanna know what you’re about, which is understandable. Well, I just started and I haven’t faced too many challenges, thank God. I think the key is to be persistent and just keep at it. The doors always open of their own accord in due time.
6. There are a few of great gospel singers such as Tolu Odukoya etc. Who influences your sound or do you rely mostly on originality?
I have so many influences- old and new. Various genres of music were always playing in my home growing up as a child so it has given me a plethora of music to draw from. Once the message is inspirational and resonates with me, I’m all for it. Having said that, my influences range from Bob Fitts to Morris Chapman to Helen Baylor to Cece Winans to Hillsong tof Mary Mary to Israel Houghton to Michael W Smith to Kari Jobe to Sonnie Badu to etc. I could go on and on……. But my songs definitely are original songs written either by myself or my brother.
7. You are heavily involved in gospel music, have you ventured outside of that genre?
Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music is the very core of who I am. But I definitely see myself doing any inspirational work & even love songs in the future [Born on Feb 14th, I’m a LOVE junkie!]
8. So what are you working on for future releases?
Right now we’re working on my Debut EP which should be coming out sometime this Fall. So that’s in the works with other projects as well in the pipeline.
9. Are you performing live currently?
Yes I am. I had a weekend event in North Carolina in May. I have another one coming up this weekend in Jacksonville, FL. And another conference event later in the month in Atlanta, GA. I’m definitely available for church events, conferences, concerts, weddings, etc.
10. Any last words for your fans?
Thank you for all who have listened and downloaded my single “Destiny“. Please do if you haven’t. Its a message that everyone can relate to- encouraging you that no matter what you are going through in life, the good & the bad, just remember that it will ultimately lead you to your DESTINY.
- Gospel Music Talent Search begins for “Gospel Heroes” Showcase (prweb.com)
- Gospel music’s Prince of Praise Byron Cage offers Memoirs of a Worshipper (christiangospelmusicdaily.wordpress.com)
- ‘Mr. Gospel’ lifted by music, investments (sfgate.com)
- Churches offer more than faith to aspiring singers (triblive.com)
- Indy’s Praise in the Park on the Canal promises to be Awesome (hoosierlujah.com)
- Ricky Skaggs To Be Inducted Into Gospel Hall Of Fame (nashville.com)
- Gospel Artist Review Lexi: A New Sound is Coming Forth (missaleck.com)
- Ricky Skaggs to be inducted into GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame August 14 (From the mailbag) (nashvillegab.com)
- Aretha Franklin, Ricky Skaggs and more to be inducted in Gospel Hall of Fame (blogs.tennessean.com)
- Gospel music makes a comeback (blogs.tennessean.com)