This dude “Olamide” has always been my person from inception, but getting him down for an interview hasn’t been easy for his strong love for the studio. This dude is very hard-working and energetic. At last, I got him for a couple hours to talk to me about a few issues which I am sure his “friends” [fans] as he calls them want to know. This dude is a very humble individual and I enjoyed every bit of time spent with him on this day. Here are a few of the excerpts of our discussion.
– Tell me more about your relationship with “I.D Cabasa” and how it all started?
More like a father and son thingy, I met “I.D Cabasa” long ago when I was 16 and he developed instrumentals in my zeal, because I told him how much I was willing to learn if he would give me room. We picked it up from there.
– A brief into your background
I’m from a family of 7 and I’m the 2nd to the last child.
– If not music, what would you have done?
Omo, just education then. Music is all I know.
-What are those challenges you had to conquer?
Issue of finance but GOD has been so good.
– What are your sources of inspiration?
GOD is my major source of inspiration, my life and my environment.
– Your fans wanna know your age and where you’re from?
I’m 23 , a native of Ogun state.
– How did music start for you?
Found music around me, I fell in love with her and she surrendered her heart to me. Though we have our ups n downs but to people, it looks like a perfect relationship because it’s obvious the love is mutual.
– How did your family accept Olamide and music?
E no easy but momma loves me and everything and everyone I love so she gave me her full support.
– Let’s talk about your first album
RapSoDi, 16-tracker did well but #YBNL will do better by the grace of GOD plus the support of my friends.
– What has sustained you in the music factory?
The grace of GOD, consistency, love from my friends, and support from the media.
– What should be expected from you in the nearest future?
More singles, more videos, more collaborations, and then my album #YBNL.
– Please tell me more about your latest single “Unite“, that song fingers my brain
“Unite” is just a party track to get my friends and the club going, because I always have to think about what the people want at all times for being supportive. “Eni Duro“, “Young Erikina“, e.t.c are just my own thingy and they’ve been showing me love.
– When’s your next single dropping?
– Any collaborations we should know of?
Yeah on my album, “Davido” and “Tiwa Savage“.
– Drop a verse for your fans
lol 😀 – Una wan pirate my flows. Hahaha, wait till the album drops | no vex.
- [#ACE_ ARTICLES] Young, Successful and Talented Artistes: OLAMIDE “YBNL” IN FOCUS …by Wale Applause (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Terry tha Rapman ft. Vector, Olamide ‘n’ Pherowshuz – AWON BOYZ (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] DMI – NASTY [Produced by Young D] (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Young Stunna ft. Olamide – BUATE (aceworldteam.com)
- [FRESH VID] Olamide ft. Hcode – UNITE (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Articles] PASS THE MIC – the Nigerian Rap game …by Wale Applause (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ FRESH] 2Kriss ft. Olamide – TUALE [Full Version] (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ FRESH] Kash-11 – WE STILL DEY TUAILE (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Interviews] EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH RUGGEDMAN …by Wale Applause (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Articles] Wale Applause – MY LOVE LETTER TO UPCOMING ARTISTES (aceworldteam.com)