Fast rising rap star, A-Q releases the video for his hit-bound single – “Groovement“, which was released in November 2011 and it features “Sammy“. This is A-Q‘s second video and first from his highly-anticipated sophomore album tentatively titled “G.I.L.B.E.R.T“, which is currently in production.
Released on the “Hustle Inc.” imprint, “Groovement” exemplifies the artist’s versatility as he embraces the role of a … to fuse with his acclaimed signature vocal-style, forming this hybrid of Rap meet and Pop/Eorupean club fusion.
The video was directed by “Franzini Media“, a UK Film Company now settled in Nigeria. It sees cameo appearances from “DJ Atte” and “DJ Spinall“.
A-Q ft. Sammy – GROOVEMENT [Mobile Video Download Link – 7.46mb] – EXCLUSIVE #ACEWORLD DOWNLOAD
Just in case you missed in on the audio file, below is a download link for the .mp3 file.
[AUDIO] | A-Q ft. Sammy – GROOVEMENT – EXCLUSIVE #ACEWORLD DOWNLOAD
A-Q – real name “Gilbert Bani“, started his music career at age 12, listening to other artistes and miming their songs. He was then advised to start writing his own lyrics by friends while in “Kings College“, Lagos. Listening to every piece of music he could lay his hands on, he decided to go into Hip-hop music professionally at the age of 16 and went ahead to sign his first recording deal with “BIGLEAF ENT.” in 2001. He however left the label in 2003 without much success. From then on there was no holding back, A-Q immediately started things on his own, recording a single titled “(W)RAP NIGERIA” produced by “Mozart” and “Kraft“, he went on to shoot a video for it in the same year, enjoying massive airplay that earned him some respect amongst fellow hip-hop artistes and a growing fan base. This was a turning point for A-Q who went on to record a full length compilation CD “LISTEN AND OVERSTAND” at “KILARI STUDIOS” owned by “MSPEECH“, working with then upcoming producers “Mozart“, “Kraft“, “Phenom“, “Sossick” and “Laylow“. This modest success secured him an online distribution with “Soundville Music” UK, with sales on Yahoo Music, iTunes, Amazon, CD Baby amongst other foreign distribution channels. With another video to his credit “THINGS THAT WE DO” from the compilation CD, he earned a feature on “TIMI” [of Trybe Records] album.
In 2005, A-Q recorded a 12-track mix-tape. “THE MAGA MUST PAY MIXTAPE” under “HALF-LIFE ENT.“, an imprint he started with his friends “Phenom” and “Bionic“.
By 2007, A-Q had taken his music career a notch higher and attempted to record a real album which ended up as a mix-tape “LOVE AND MONEY” released online. Discovering singer “Xtrim“, he recorded the 1st single “MAKE MONEY” featuring “Xtrim” and “Morachi“; the commercial track was produced by “Laylow“, and closely followed up with a video directed by “Oshodi“. At this time he took a break from the music industry to complete his education; graduating from the “University of Lagos” [UNILAG] in 2008. A-Q got back to music, shuffling between recording songs and youth service, he released a single – “NAMES” in 2009, a highly conceptual track where he used names to make different meanings and rhymes, it was widely accepted by the hip-hop community, and was followed with a video in early 2010. Inspired by the spark of the track, A-Q put together a team and started work on his first album, releasing tracks weekly in collaboration with various artistes for free download on the internet, tagged “#Blackfriday“. A-Q is currently signed to “Hustle-Inc.“, a record label he co-owns and on which platform he released his 1st Album – “THE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE” on December 4, 2010. The album which was launched at the then “Club Karma” sold over 15,000 copies in the first quarter of its release and the #Blackfriday series was continued to promote it.
A-Q has come into his own, receiving wide acknowledgements for his works one of which was a tweet from Don Jazzy [CEO MOHITS] describing A-Q as “the sickest rapper alive” on Twitter. “THE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE” album is critically acclaimed with a total of 17 tracks sampling “Retta“, and featuring “Terry tha Rapman“, “Iceberg Slim“, “Pherowshuz” and “Xtrim” with digital copies still selling on Nigerianhiphop and Notjustok. A-Q is the first rapper to appear on “Jimmy Jatt‘s” “Jump Off” freestyle segment twice, following his prowess and style of hip-hop. He is currently working on his second album having held a press party at “SWE BAR” recently to herald its coming and released 2 singles off it – “Groovement” featuring “Sammy” [a club banger] and “Ginja” featuring “Vector“, “Terry tha Rapman“, “X.O Senavoe” and “Base One“, a street hiphop song. He has also shot a video for “Champagne and Rum“, one of the lead tracks off his former album. His new album is scheduled for release later this year 2012 and already promises to be nothing short of a classic.
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Al’Chaddas finally drops #ALcyclopedia_TheMIXTAPE (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Maxino – OUT OF MY MIND + APPRECIATE ft. Frankie Free (djaysean.wordpress.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Teeto Ceemos ft. Shank – GO DOWN [Official Debut Single] (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ INTERVIEW] #AceWorld Meets C-MAX – by Shayo Grass (djaysean.wordpress.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Muna – Down Down Low ft. Tom Thomas + Here To Stay ft. IBK (aceworldteam.com)
- [FRESH VID] Laylow ft. Iceberg Slim, CartiAir, Liu T, Mode9, Terry tha Rapman, Skales, Vector, DaGrin, Ludu & Gino – MEET ME AT THE TOP (djaysean.wordpress.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Young Stunna ft. Olamide – BUATE (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] N6 – BACK WHEN [Remix] + NAIJA BAD GIRL [Remix] (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] SugaBoiz – SUPERSTAR + UR EYES ft. W4 [AUDIO/VIDEO] (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Dj Mewsic ft. Skales, Vector & Hakym the Dream – CHECK UP (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Dj Atte ft. Ikechukwu ‘n’ Xela – BU LIE OTO [Senco Remix] (djaysean.wordpress.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Dj ToxiQ A ft. Frankie Free – SET ME FREE (djaysean.wordpress.com)
- [#ACE_ Premiere] Terry tha Rapman ft. Vector, Olamide ‘n’ Pherowshuz – AWON BOYZ (aceworldteam.com)
- [#ACE_ RHS] Radio Hit Show S02 Ep02 – eLDee FAILS TO IMPRESS | Accused of Being Lazy (aceworldteam.com)